Thursday, December 27

SWF Chart

I have experienced on populate data on chart by using swiff chart; Globfx product with PHP and coldfusion. But swiff chart is pricey. Today I found Open flash Chart.

Open Flash Chart, is open source. It is free to use. Why is it free? here is the excerpt from the website:
'Once upon a time I had to deal with a company who sell flash charting
components, their component had a bug that I needed fixing, so I emailed them
about it asking when it'd be fixed. (Remember that I had paid real money for
this software.) They were so incompetent, rude and obnoxious that after three or
four weeks of emails I thought to myself "I could learn Flash and Actionscript
and write my own charting component, release it as Open Source, host it on
sourceforge and build up a community of helpful coders faster than they can fix
a single bug." And that is what I did. And that is why it is free. I guess the
moral of the lesson is: don't piss off your customers.'

No comments: