Before this I use swift mailer as frame work for sending mail using php. I really love swift mailer in terms of stability and the code. Today I found Zend Framework which does more jobs than swift mailer. Not only it capable to send email securely but it provide us the API for GData, Flickr, Del.icio.us, Amazon, etc. Other than these, it also handles various common tasks. This is new level of programming to me.
I really hope that zend framework would be able to get data from facebook and Microsoft Exchange. It really mean to me. If any of you know how to link php with Microsoft Exchange data, please welcome to give the tutorial, or link.
Thursday, December 27
I have experienced on populate data on chart by using swiff chart; Globfx product with PHP and coldfusion. But swiff chart is pricey. Today I found Open flash Chart.
Open Flash Chart, is open source. It is free to use. Why is it free? here is the excerpt from the website:
'Once upon a time I had to deal with a company who sell flash charting
components, their component had a bug that I needed fixing, so I emailed them
about it asking when it'd be fixed. (Remember that I had paid real money for
this software.) They were so incompetent, rude and obnoxious that after three or
four weeks of emails I thought to myself "I could learn Flash and Actionscript
and write my own charting component, release it as Open Source, host it on
sourceforge and build up a community of helpful coders faster than they can fix
a single bug." And that is what I did. And that is why it is free. I guess the
moral of the lesson is: don't piss off your customers.'
This is simplest form of social widget which forms of multi social network like myspace, friendster, blogger, pageflakes, orkut, tagged, hi5, Facebook, Livespace, Wordpress, Typepad, iGoogle and many more.
Gigya provides its partners with the Wildfire tools. Each of these tools may substantially increase your viral distribution. The Wildfire tools are easy to integrate within any webpage, fully customizable and are free to use.
The widget can be customize through HTML or actionscript. You also be able to change background image, height, width, etc. The best thing about gigya is there are reports for this widget that you can use for analysis. Here is the list of type of report after you embed gigya onto your website
- Posts – number of times a widget was posted
- Wildfire loads – the number of times the Quick Posting interface was loaded.
- Posts / loads – the ratio between the Quick Posting interface loads and number of posts.
- Impressions in profile – the number of times your widgets were viewed on the pages they were posted on. Note: Facebook does not allow for measuring impressions of widgets on the user profile.
- Stickiness – the ratio between daily profile impressions and daily posts. Higher numbers suggest widgets stays longer on page.Please note that this measure becomes relevant only after a while.
- Posts by Social Network – The number of posts per social network for the entire chosen date rate.
Wednesday, December 26
Wink is a Tutorial and Presentation creation software, primarily aimed at creating tutorials on how to use software (like a tutor for MS-Word/Excel etc). Using Wink you can capture screenshots, add explanations boxes, buttons, titles etc and generate a highly effective tutorial for your users.
Eventum is a user-friendly and flexible issue tracking system that can be used by a support department to track incoming technical support requests, or by a software development team to quickly organize tasks and bugs. Eventum is used by the MySQL AB Technical Support team, and has allowed us to dramatically improve our response times.
- PHP 4.1.0 or newer versions
- PCRE Extension (usually enabled by default with newer PHP versions)
- Session Extension (usually enabled by default with newer PHP versions)
- MySQL Extension (built-in support with most PHP distributions)
- GD Extension
- MySQL Database Server
- Email Integration - The email integration module requires PHP's IMAP extension and also a POP3/IMAP server that allows connections to their appropriate ports.
- Email Integration
- SCM Integration
- Project Management
- Issue Listing
- Reporting Issues
- Command Line Interface
Tuesday, December 4
Web Gadgets are something what most new developer loves to seek. And there are a lot of such services offered on the web. Google centralized and hubs a lot of gadgets (currently is 27790). These gadgets will help to increase the interactivity of website and add up some usefulness. But most of this gadgets are focused for quick personal web development. It seems google is another service of facebook, which host a lot of application to be used by facebook user. But google wants more developer to develop gadgets and host it with google. Developer will find games, communication, SMS service, Stock updates and more
Here is a list some of available gadgets that I found useful
- Mini Web
What's my IP address, ISP, country, proxy
Official Google Mini Search Gadget
- Today in History
- Free Sudoku Puzzles
US Traffic Information
- Free Text Message
Bush Quote Generator
- Beauty Tip of the Day
- Search Answers.com
- UPS Package Tracking